Nordic COVID-19 perspectives
We have established a group of Nordic Researchers for a COVID-19 project. During the process, some of the publications and sources we find will be shared here. It is a work-in-progress; hence all information may not be so neatly organized.
The aim is to empirically assess differences in strategies and potential outcomes as compared to a discussion of who was right or wrong. The goal is to leverage the rich expertise in public health disciplines across the Nordic countries to explore optimal pandemic response strategies.
The aim of the work is to:
- Create an understanding of how a ‘Nordic’ public health management of COVID-19 is reflected for the Nordic countries. We are not that different.
- Provide guidance for other countries who recognize the importance of shifting towards a more public health perspective.
The core team for the work consists of:
- Andrius Kavalinus, Associate professor: https://staff.ki.se/people/andkav
- Stefan Baral, Associate professor John Hopkins https://www.jhsph.edu/faculty/directory/profile/2433/stefan-baral
- Mattias Kyhlstedt, HealthCare Outcomes Institute.
- Pernille Tanggaard Andersen, Professor, www.sdu.dk/ansat/ptandersen
- Leena Eklund Karlsson, Associate professor, https://portal.findresearcher.sdu.dk/da/persons/leklund
- Gabriel Gulis, Associate professor https://portal.findresearcher.sdu.dk/da/persons/ggulis
- Hanna Tiirinki, PhD: https://thl.fi/fi/thl/organisaatio/osastot-ja-yksikot/jarjestelmat/reformit/henkilosto/hanna-tiirinki
- Ilmo Keskimäki, Professor: https://thl.fi/en/web/thlfi-en/about-us/organisation/departments-and-units/health-and-social-care-systems/social-and-health-research/staff/ilmo-keskimaki
- Goril Ursin, Phd https://www.nord.no/no/ansatte/goeril-ursin
- Eva Robertson, Professor https://www.nord.no/en/employees/eva-robertson