Norwegian Real-World Data about Diabetes
We are currently evaluating the differences in real-world data in Diabetes in a few countries, intrigued by this recent paper:
- Bak, Jessica C. G., Erik H. Serné, Mark H. H. Kramer, Max Nieuwdorp, and Carianne L. Verheugt. “National Diabetes Registries: Do They Make a Difference?” Acta Diabetologica, August 8, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00592-020-01576-8.
Here is a publication regarding the Norwegian registry:
- Cooper, John G., Geir Thue, Tor Claudi, Karianne Løvaas, Siri Carlsen, and Sverre Sandberg. “The Norwegian Diabetes Register for Adults – an Overview of the First Years.” Norsk Epidemiologi 23, no. 1 (June 3, 2013). https://doi.org/10.5324/nje.v23i1.1599.
Here is a list of the available variables: https://fasttrak.dips.no/CRFShowRegistryVariables.asp?RegId=1&Title=Norsk%20Diabetesregister%20for%20voksne
Here is a list of the publication for the registry that we have been able to find.
- Bakke, Å, I. Dalen, G. Thue, J. Cooper, S. Skeie, T. J. Berg, A. K. Jenum, T. Claudi, K. Fjeld Løvaas, and S. Sandberg. ‘Variation in the Achievement of HbA1c, Blood Pressure and LDL Cholesterol Targets in Type 2 Diabetes in General Practice and Characteristics Associated with Risk Factor Control’. Diabetic Medicine 37, no. 9 (2020): 1471–81. https://doi.org/10.1111/dme.14159.
- Bakke, Å, A. T. Tran, I. Dalen, J. G. Cooper, K. F. Løvaas, A. K. Jenum, T. J. Berg, et al. ‘Population, General Practitioner and Practice Characteristics Are Associated with Screening Procedures for Microvascular Complications in Type 2 Diabetes Care in Norway’. Diabetic Medicine 36, no. 11 (2019): 1431–43. https://doi.org/10.1111/dme.13842.
- Bakke, Åsne, John G Cooper, Geir Thue, Svein Skeie, Siri Carlsen, Ingvild Dalen, Karianne Fjeld Løvaas, et al. ‘Type 2 Diabetes in General Practice in Norway 2005–2014: Moderate Improvements in Risk Factor Control but Still Major Gaps in Complication Screening’. BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care 5, no. 1 (8 November 2017). https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjdrc-2017-000459.
- Carlsen, Siri, Torild Skrivarhaug, Geir Thue, John G. Cooper, Lasse Gøransson, Karianne Løvaas, and Sverre Sandberg. ‘Glycemic Control and Complications in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes - a Registry-Based Longitudinal Study of Adolescents and Young Adults: T1D - from Adolescents to Young Adults’. Pediatric Diabetes 18, no. 3 (May 2017): 188–95. https://doi.org/10.1111/pedi.12372.
- Carlsen, Siri, Geir Thue, John Graham Cooper, Thomas Røraas, Lasse Gunnar Gøransson, Karianne Løvaas, and Sverre Sandberg. ‘Benchmarking by HbA1c in a National Diabetes Quality Register – Does Measurement Bias Matter?’ Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine (CCLM) 53, no. 9 (1 January 2015). https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2014-0872.
- Cooper, J. G., Å Bakke, I. Dalen, S. Carlsen, S. Skeie, K. F. Løvaas, S. Sandberg, and G. Thue. ‘Factors Associated with Glycaemic Control in Adults with Type 1 Diabetes: A Registry-Based Analysis Including 7601 Individuals from 34 Centres in Norway’. Diabetic Medicine 37, no. 5 (2020): 828–37. https://doi.org/10.1111/dme.14123.
- Cooper, John. ‘Norsk diabetesregister for voksne’, n.d., 23.
- Cooper, John G., Geir Thue, Tor Claudi, Karianne Løvaas, Siri Carlsen, and Sverre Sandberg. ‘The Norwegian Diabetes Register for Adults – an Overview of the First Years’. Norsk Epidemiologi 23, no. 1 (3 June 2013). https://doi.org/10.5324/nje.v23i1.1599.
- Cunningham, S. G., F. Carinci, M. Brillante, G. P. Leese, R. R. McAlpine, J. Azzopardi, P. Beck, et al. ‘Core Standards of the EUBIROD Project: Defining a European Diabetes Data Dictionary for Clinical Audit and Healthcare Delivery’. Methods of Information in Medicine 55, no. 02 (2016): 166–76. https://doi.org/10.3414/ME15-01-0016.
- Di Iorio, C. T., F. Carinci, M. Brillante, J. Azzopardi, P. Beck, N. Bratina, S. G. Cunningham, et al. ‘Cross-Border Flow of Health Information: Is “privacy by Design” Enough? Privacy Performance Assessment in EUBIROD’. The European Journal of Public Health 23, no. 2 (1 April 2013): 247–53. https://doi.org/10.1093/eurpub/cks043.
- ‘Full Article: Are General Practitioners Characteristics Associated with the Quality of Type 2 Diabetes Care in General Practice? Results from the Norwegian ROSA4 Study from 2014’. Accessed 13 October 2020. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02813432.2018.1459238.
- Gjelsvik, Bjørn, Anh Thi Tran, Tore J Berg, Åsne Bakke, Ibrahimu Mdala, Kjersti Nøkleby, John G Cooper, et al. ‘Exploring the Relationship between Coronary Heart Disease and Type 2 Diabetes: A Cross-Sectional Study of Secondary Prevention among Diabetes Patients’. BJGP Open 3, no. 1 (20 March 2019). https://doi.org/10.3399/bjgpopen18X101636.
- Haugstvedt, Anne, Ingvild Hernar, Ragnhild Bjarkøy Strandberg, David A Richards, Roy Miodini Nilsen, Grethe S Tell, and Marit Graue. ‘Use of Patient-Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs) in Clinical Diabetes Consultations: Study Protocol for the DiaPROM Randomised Controlled Trial Pilot Study’. BMJ Open 9, no. 1 (17 January 2019). https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2018-024008.
- Hernar, Ingvild, Marit Graue, David Richards, Ragnhild B. Strandberg, Roy M. Nilsen, Grethe S. Tell, and Anne Haugstvedt. ‘Electronic Capturing of Patient-Reported Outcome Measures on a Touchscreen Computer in Clinical Diabetes Practice (the DiaPROM Trial): A Feasibility Study’. Pilot and Feasibility Studies 5, no. 1 (20 February 2019): 29. https://doi.org/10.1186/s40814-019-0419-4.
- Løvaas, Karianne Fjeld, John G. Cooper, Sverre Sandberg, Thomas Røraas, and Geir Thue. ‘Feasibility of Using Self-Reported Patient Data in a National Diabetes Register’. BMC Health Services Research 15 (15 December 2015). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-015-1226-0.
- Slåtsve, Kristina B., Tor Claudi, Knut Tore Lappegård, Anne K. Jenum, Marthe Larsen, John G. Cooper, Sverre Sandberg, and Tore Julsrud Berg. ‘The Total Prevalence of Diagnosed Diabetes and the Quality of Diabetes Care for the Adult Population in Salten, Norway’. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health, 27 August 2020, 1403494820951004. https://doi.org/10.1177/1403494820951004.
- Tollånes, Mette C., Anne K. Jenum, Tore Julsrud Berg, Karianne F. Løvaas, John G. Cooper, and Sverre Sandberg. ‘Availability and Analytical Quality of Hemoglobin A1c Point-of-Care Testing in General Practitioners’ Offices Are Associated with Better Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes’. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine (CCLM) 58, no. 8 (28 July 2020): 1349–56. https://doi.org/10.1515/cclm-2020-0026.
- Tran, Anh Thi, Åsne Bakke, Tore J. Berg, Bjørn Gjelsvik, Ibrahimu Mdala, Kjersti Nøkleby, Anam Shakil Rai, et al. ‘Are General Practitioners Characteristics Associated with the Quality of Type 2 Diabetes Care in General Practice? Results from the Norwegian ROSA4 Study from 2014’. Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care 36, no. 2 (3 April 2018): 170–79. https://doi.org/10.1080/02813432.2018.1459238.
- Tran, Anh Thi, Tore Julsrud Berg, Bjørn Gjelsvik, Ibrahimu Mdala, Geir Thue, John Graham Cooper, Kjersti Nøkleby, et al. ‘Ethnic and Gender Differences in the Management of Type 2 Diabetes: A Cross-Sectional Study from Norwegian General Practice’. BMC Health Services Research 19 (28 November 2019). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-019-4557-4.